How and why you should join.
- Meet fellow climbers
- Climb with experienced climbers in a supportive environment
- Trips to a range of climbing areas in South East Queensland and interstate/overseas
- Information on various rockclimbing areas and climbs
- Other climbers' experience and knowledge (no formal instruction)
- Social events - e.g. Annual dinner and Christmas party
- Discounts at Brisbane climbing gyms and gear stores
- Membership of ACAQ - providing a voice and representation in climbing access issues.
Subscription fees are reviewed each year. The subscription fee is currently $30.00 for the calendar year (Jan - Dec). If you join after 1 October, your subscription fee covers the following calendar year. This relatively small fee covers Club administration and affiliate membership of the Australian Climbing Association of Queensland (ACAQ).
The subscription fee does not include insurance and we do not provide training.
New subscribers who do not have rock climbing skills/experience are directed towards the many good professional organisations offering instruction. Applications are only considered from persons over 18 years with at least basic climbing experience.
The Club does not own any gear. Subscribers must have their own harness, climbing shoes, belay device and personal safety attachment as a minimum. It is expected that each subscriber will have their own rope after a reasonable time with the Club.
If you are under 18 years old or have children interested in climbing , please see this page.
It is a requirement that individual climbers take responsibility for their own safety at all times. The Club accepts no liability for any injuries that may result, as all climbing is undertaken as a private individual.
If you are interested in joining, please contact us here.